Do you remember the names of the twelve apostles Jesus chose?
1. The first one to Whom Jesus said, «follow Me» was called Philip; there was also Bartholomew;
2. Levi Matthew, who was a tax Collector;
3. Thomas, who was the most distrustful one;
4. Andrew, who was the brother of. ..
5. Simon, who had his name changed by Jesus to Peter, which means «stone»;
6. Simon the Zealot;
7. Jude, who was the brother of…
8. James (both were sons of Alpheus);
9. judas, who was in charge of managing the money;
10. and James, who was the brother of. . .
11. John—together, Jesus called them the Sons of Thunder.
Why do you think Jesus called James and john the «Sons of Thunder?» Thunder is fast and can sometimes scare us when there’s a storm, right›
Well, that’s how these two brothers were: they got mad easily and sometimes made a big fuss when fighting over who was going to be the most important person or have the most important job with Jesus. But Jesus changed their lives and He even called John the «beloved disciple.»
Do you ever behave like a «Son of Thunder?» Don’t worry, Jesus can turn your anger into love. In your Prayer journal, ask Him to do that today.